Digital Event Visitor Rules and Regulations
In these Terms and Conditions the following definitions shall apply: “Affiliate” means, in relation to Organiser, another person who, through ownership of voting stock (shares) or otherwise, directly or indirectly, is controlled by, under common control with, or in control of, the given person; the term “control” means ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the voting stock (shares) of a company, or the power to appoint or elect a majority of the directors of a company, or the power to direct the general policy and management of a person; “Application Form” shall mean the application form overleaf. “Event” shall mean the event stated on the Application Form. “Organisers” shall mean the person or persons named as the organiser(s) of the Exhibition on the Application Form.
1. In registering for or accepting the offer of admittance to the Event, visitors agree that they shall observe and comply with these rules and regulations and in accordance with any guidelines or instructions as may be reasonably requested by the Organiser. Your registration (whether submitted directly by you or on your behalf) constitutes an offer by you to Organiser to attend the Event in accordance with these terms and conditions. All registrations are subject to acceptance by Organiser at its sole discretion. If your registration is received in advance of the Event, it will either: (a) be confirmed in writing (including, without limitation, by email), or (b) if written confirmation is not sent within fourteen (14) days of us receiving your registration, be deemed to be confirmed unless we notify you otherwise. If your registration is received only during the Event itself, it will be confirmed by the act of Organiser permitting you participate at the Event. Organiser reserves the right to refuse to accept any registration.
2. Your registration is issued for your personal use only. You may not sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others.
3. Organiser reserves the right at any time to change the format (including, without limitation, from a virtual Event to a physical Event and vice versa), content, location, venue, opening hours, duration, dates, other timings, participants and/or any other aspect of the Event, in each case without liability. Organiser reserves the right to withdraw any registration after confirmation without liability.
4. Save as expressly set out in these terms and conditions and/or as may be otherwise expressly advised as part of the particular Event’s registration process: (a) your registration for the Event is irrevocable and you have no rights to cancel your registration, and (b) any registration fees you have paid will not be refunded for any reason.
5. Organiser reserves the right to cancel or change the date(s) of the Event at any time and for any reason (whether or not due to causes beyond our reasonable control). Service charges are non-refundable. Personal arrangements, including, without limitation, travel and accommodation, are at your own risk and Organiser will not be liable for any costs relating to such arrangements, even if the Event is cancelled or moved to new date(s). You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of this paragraph set out your sole remedy in the event of cancellation or the changing of the date(s) of the Event and all other liability of Organiser is hereby expressly excluded.
6. Our Events, whether physical or virtual, are principally directed at business professionals. They are generally not intended for children under the age of eighteen (18). Without limitation to the foregoing, there may be some areas of our Events where it is inappropriate or impractical for children under the age of eighteen (18) to be present (for example, during executive conference workshops) and Organiser reserves the right at any time to restrict entry to such areas accordingly.
7. Organiser reserves the right without liability to refuse admission to, or to eject/block from, the Event (whether physical or virtual) any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who, in the opinion of Organiser, represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by Organiser, the venue owners, security personnel and/or management at the Event.
8. You agree that the Organiser shall not incur any liability to you for any products displayed or sold by any exhibitor at the Event. You further agree that the Organiser shall not incur any liability to you for any error or omission in any information relating to any exhibitor or its products in relation to the Event or in any other promotional or other printed materials or information provided by the Organiser or exhibitors.
9. All unauthorised filming, sound recording and photography of the Event, and all unauthorised transmission of audio or visual material at the Event, by you is expressly prohibited. You agree: (a) to surrender to Organiser or destroy on demand any material in whatever media recorded in violation of this paragraph, (b) that the copyright and other intellectual property rights in any such material shall vest in Organiser unconditionally and immediately on the creation of such material, and (c) to hold Organiser and its Affiliates (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) harmless against any claims made in respect of such unauthorised activities. You agree to indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless, on demand, against all claims, liabilities, losses, suits, proceedings, damages, judgments, expenses, costs (including legal fees) and charges of any kind howsoever incurred by or on behalf of or made against the Organiser, its employees, agents and contractors arising out of any infringement or other claim relating to or arising out of the unauthorised taking of any images by you.
10. You consent to ﬁlming, sound recording and photography at the Event, which may include, without limitation, filming, sound recording and photography featuring your image (the “Content”). You acknowledge and agree that Organiser is the sole and exclusive owner of all rights in the Content and hereby waive any and all: (a) rights in and to such Content, and (b) claims that you may have relating to or arising from the Content and/or its use. Without limitation, Organiser shall be permitted to use the Content anywhere in the World for promotional and other purposes, without any payment or compensation.
13. You expressly assume all risks associated with, resulting from or arising in connection with your participation in and/or attendance at the Event. Organiser does not make any warranty as to the Event in general, including, without limitation, in relation to: (a) the presence, absence or location of any exhibitor, sponsor or attendee, (b) the number of exhibitors, sponsors or attendees, and/or (c) the beneﬁt or outcome (commercial or otherwise) that you may achieve as a result of attending the Event. All indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) except as set out herein and/or as may be otherwise expressly advised as part of the particular Event’s registration process are excluded. Organser and its Affiliates (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) exclude all liability for any loss, injury, disease or damage whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with or arising from the Event whether direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss, injury or damage (including, without limitation, injury or disease to persons, property damage, theft, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss or corruption of data or any other type of economic loss, injury or damage) or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, Organiser shall not incur any liability whatsoever for any products displayed or sold by any exhibitor or sponsor at the Event. The limitations and exclusions in this paragraph only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
14. The rights and remedies of Organiser are cumulative and are not exclusive of any rights and remedies provided by law and may be waived only in writing and specifically. Any delay or failure to exercise any right or remedy is not a waiver of the same.
15. Organiser reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions (without notice) from time to time and you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that the Event is staged.
16. In case of any discrepancy between the English and other language versions of these terms and conditions, the English shall prevail.
17. These rules and regulations shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong SAR and all visitors submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Hong Kong SAR. The rights of the Organiser are cumulative and not exclusive of rights and remedies provided by law, and may be waived only in writing and specifically. Delay in exercising or non-exercise of any such right is not a waiver of that right.
Disclaimer for Activities
You should consider carefully whether or not you will be able to participate in any activities offered as part of the visitor programme. Organiser warns that some activities may be physically demanding and/or carry inherent dangers. You understand that some exercise-based activities may be a risk to your physical health and safety if you do not perform them correctly. You accept that, if a visitor programme exists for the Event you are attending, it is entirely your responsibility to decide whether or not participation in any activity offered as part of the visitor programme is appropriate to your capabilities, aptitude, fitness and health. If you have any concerns about your capabilities, aptitude, fitness and/or health to participate you should consult with (and follow the recommendations of) a medical professional prior to engaging in any activity. If at any time during any activity you feel unwell or consider that it is unsafe for you to continue, please stop the activity immediately and seek appropriate advice. You also accept that it is entirely your responsibility to observe all health and safety requirements and instructions that you may be given in relation to activities. If you are participating in any activity that is offered virtually for participation in a home or office environment, you should ensure that your environment is safe, provides adequate space and is free of dangerous or hazardous objects and materials. Organiser and all its Affiliates (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) exclude all liability for any loss, injury, disease or damage whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with or arising from your participation in any activities offered as part of the visitor programme (including, without limitation, any activities held outside of, or incidentally to, the main Event that you are attending), whether direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss, injury or damage (including, without limitation, injury or disease to persons, property damage, theft, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss or corruption of data or any other type of economic loss, injury or damage) or otherwise. The limitations and exclusions in this paragraph only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.